Sunday, November 23, 2008

Annual Thankgiving Prayers

Today, starts our annual Thanksgiving Prayers. We've been doing this as a family for about 5 years and each time we feel more gratitude for our blessings. During this week, our prayers are only to be things we are grateful for and why. The prayers at the beginning of the week are sometimes a little short, but as the week goes along they become more meaningful and a bit longer. I'm excited this year especially because I'm still working on my own Gratitude/Faith.

I'm grateful for...
Husband who is patient with my weaknesses
Children who try to make good choices
Parents who give and serve me tirelessly
Brothers and Sisters for each of their fun personalities
Nieces and Nephews who give great hugs
Heavenly Father for his endless direction and love
My Savior Jesus Christ for the Atonement for that wonderful gift that I can be forgiven
the Holy Ghost for his comfort
Our Home for its coziness and protection
Dennis's Job that He provides for us
My Car, even though its making some funny sounds, keeps working
Friends who always lift me up just by being my friend
Food to eat
Clothes to wear
Shoes for my feet
Not having hair, it makes my "get ready" time really quick
.....

I'm going to keep working on this list as I explore Gratitude.