Thursday, August 28, 2008

It officially begins - September 4th 7:30am
After meeting with my oncologist this week, that is the start date. The only thing good about that is the sooner I start the sooner I finish! Here is the plan. I will be taking a combination of two types of chemo (Carboplatin & Taxol) every three weeks for 6 treatments. And in addition to that an every week treatment of Herceptin for 13 months. The funny thing is, I need a hair cut really bad, and my gray roots are showing, but why spend the money. In a few weeks I'll be bald as a bat. (are bats really bald?) Loosing my hair last time was not a big deal to me, I'm not one of those that goes for wigs. I have a special gift and that is I can spot a toupee or a wig a mile away and I never wanted to be one of those people who looked like they were wearing a wig. This time I might just go bald and not worry about hats and scarfs. Anyway, I'm asked a lot, "how are you dealing with this"? My answer, is (denial). No not really, I just choose not to think about it, or let it control my thoughts. I know its happening, I know it's going to happen and I will just handle it one treatment at a time. My choices are, I'm exercising Faith. My brother David shared with me a scripture in Hebrews 11:11 (this is a great chapter on Faith) In this chapter it is talking about all the people in the scriptures who had Faith. Noah, Moses, etc. well verse 11 says something like and Sara's faith was to be strengthened in child bearing. David reminded me of the age of Sara, of the conditions that she was in and to be bearing a child. That is where I'm concentrating my Faith. I pray that my loving Heavenly Father can strengthened me during this challenge, that I will be able to continue in my role as wife and mother, and that I will be able to continue to serve Him.