Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Round Two

Yes this is round 2. A couple of things I decided this time around was that I'm going to keep a journal so that I can remember and share with others my experience.

The first time (and I was hoping to be the last) was in the summer of 2004. I found a lump in my right breast, had a biposy, and was told at the end of July it was Cancer. I think the first thing you do or I did was go be in shock, I cryed a little, but really I was oblivious to what "you have cancer" means. At that time my children ranged from 9yrs old to 17yrs old, I remember sitting them all down and Dennis and I telling them, they kind of just stared at us. Probably in shock like I was at first. This was all new for us, we are a relitively healthy family, so going to 5 different Doctors was foreign to us. After gathering all the different opinions on what I should do, we decided to proceed with a right masectomy with a tram-flap reconstruction which took place in September, 2004.
The journey began, with 8 rounds of chemo and 6 weeks of radiation in July of 2005 I was "finished" or I thought I was. Untill Round 2