Friday, September 12, 2008

Out of the Fog...
I've not written for a while, but I'm finally out of the fog and into the sunlight. What does that mean? Well you know last Thursday, was the "big" treatment, and I felt pretty good, The fog comes on slowly and stays for about 4 days, my head aches, my body aches, my stomach aches, everything aches, (its like the battle is being fought inside my body and my body is loosing) but by Monday, I was starting to feel like my self and as the week continued, each day was a little better. Until today I feel the sunshine again. I was talking to a dear friend, and if you have ever been a sick pregnant person you'll understand this. I get so sick when I'm pregnant, and having the yucky chemo treatment every three weeks is like getting pregnant every three weeks. At least when you are really getting pregnant, you have that "forget" time between pregnancies, you don't seem to remember really how bad it was, so you do it again. But every three weeks there is not so much "forget" time. With all that you can see that I was a little nervous about this Thursday's treatment of Herceptin. But no worries, I was in and out in just over one hour, the nurse said I would have no side effects. And I left happy, thinking "I can do this".