Monday, September 29, 2008

This is the Place...
People ask me all the time about chemo, how do I get it, where do I go etc. So here are a few pictures of where it is I go every Thursday. The "chemo" room is big with lazy boy chairs to make you feel as comfortable as possible. The lady sitting next to me is one that I see every Thursday, we have our own little support group, the gentleman across the way is also one I see often. It's nice to get to know people there, share stories, share tips and learn about each other. One thing that is very obvious when I'm sitting there talking to people is I am so blessed to have the Gospel. With that knowledge I have hope, peace, comfort, and I know plan. It is sad to me as we talk to not feel those things from them. Granite, I definitely have my "bad" days, where hope is hard to find, where I'm wishing for a little comfort and peace.
This last Thursday, I was almost finished (4hour later) when a mother and a young girl came in, the girl was about 19-20 years old, that puts things into perspective. Her mother lives in California and comes and helps out during her chemo treatments, this young beautiful girl with her whole life ahead of her. I want her to know the plan, I want to share with everyone there the Gospel. But I don't know how... Sometimes I bring my scriptures to read, sometimes my favorite book about Faith, we ask about each others lives, about their children, husbands, wives, family. How do I share with them what I believe? I don't have an answer yet, I'm still working on it, all I know is that through my words and actions they can hopefully see my Faith.
This is day 4 after treatment, and I'm starting to feel like myself again. My children are amazing, they just pick up and carry on while I'm "checked out" . Kyle will be cleaning and doing the dishes (without even being asked). Paige is cleaning, doing laundry. Angela, it the best leg and foot mesager and takes care of me. Niki, worries about me, and wants to make me comfortable. Whitney, though she is away calls just to check to see if I'm okay. She said she knows I'm okay when I lecture her. Most of all I know that my Heavenly Father blessed me with Dennis, he is everything to me. Kind & gentle Dennis. I love my family.